I was taking my walks in the evenings when I got home from work...but due to the recent home invasions & a return of a registered sex offender moving back in town I'm walking in the mornings with Ben.
I usually have such a hard time in the mornings but Ben has been so supportive to me in my training and gets up early with me to walk. He motivates me and encourages me to work for and reach my goals. I could do it on my own, but its like a dream to have someone on my side, rooting for me, and helping me achieve my goals.
Since deciding to train for the April 5K, there have been so many changes. My attitude, my activities, my discipline, my future! Even though I'm getting up earlier than usual, the exercise charges me for the day in an energy that does not need the supplement of caffeine. I have been getting better about going to bed when I need to, ensuring that I get between 7-8 hours of sleep every night. And when the alarm goes off in the morning I find myself getting out of bed instead of battling the snooze button and praying for just a few more moments. I get excited to get up, put shoes on my feet, the leash on Pheonix, and my husband by my side for some exercise and great quality time with the two men of my life!
My main motivation for this training and lifestyle change is for my health...I typically think of health as eating behaviors, body shape, and good habits but now I'm seeing such a broader aspect of that holistic health. That holistic health is not limited to my body, what I eat, and what I do but also includes a healthier state of mind, and psychological refreshment. I think I'll be getting more positive results from this experience than I originally anticipated.
Monday I had ambitions to become physically healthy, and today I also have ambitions to become emotionally healthy through this journey. Next time, hopefully even more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment